Engine shown on XUV855D Remote intake and restriction indicator
The M-Gator™ A3 is powered by an 854-cm3 (0.854-L), three-cylinder, liquid-cooled, four-cycle diesel engine. It produces 36.9 lb-ft of torque (5.1 kgm) at 2400 rpm.
The advanced engine delivers superb starting, idling, and throttle response during operation, as well as minimal noise vibration and harshness (NVH).
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- Indirect injection diesel with glow plugs ensures fast starts in cold temperatures
- 22.8 hp* at 2400 rpm
- Overhead valve design for greater efficiency and fuel economy
- Tier 2/IV (U.S.A.) and EC (European) emission compliant
- Spin-on oil filter for easy servicing
- Quiet operation through the entire rpm range
- Molybdenum-coated pistons
- High-stiffness cylinder block and gearcase
- High-flow water pump and optimized water jackets maintain a steady operating temperature and eliminate hot spots
- Full-pressure lubrication system
- In-line mechanical fuel pump
- Five-point, rubber isolated for quiet operation and minimal vibration
- Dry replaceable dual-element air cleaner with remote intake and a restriction indicator
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits the operator to check the coolant level without removing the radiator cap
- Sealed radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on the outside of the grille
* The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. The actual operating horsepower will be less.