On-board battery charger (detail)
Battery charger located under passenger seat
The Gator™ TE is equipped with an Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL)-approved on-board charger. Located under the passenger seat, the on-board charger allows the user to charge their TE from any location containing a wall receptacle. This saves the user time, as they do not have to travel back to their maintenance area for charging; charging can be done anywhere.
The on-board charger is designed with a wide input voltage range from 85 - 265 VAC, making it capable for worldwide application. Power factor correction and 12A maximum current draw ensures the charger will work reliably from any power outlet in the world, even through surges and sags.
Improved run time
The on-board charger features advanced temperature sensor technology that improves the information flow coming in and out of charger. The batteries are allowed to charge more fully than they were ever able to before; this can improve run time by up to 75 percent (depending on use cycle).
Important safety features of the charger are as follows:
- Vehicle ignition interlock
- Prevents the vehicle from being driven while connected to the charger
- Automatic shutoff
- Battery charger automatically shuts off after reaching the full charge
TEXTERNAL CHARGER PLUG AND LIGHT-EMITTING DIODE (LED) CHARGE INDICATOR
The Gator TE is equipped with an external AC input IEC connector on the driver side of the vehicle to allow the flexibility of where the charger cord is stored. Multicolor LED indicator for low charge, more than 80 percent charge, full charge, or fault.
Directional change control switch
The Gator™ TE Utility Vehicle features a motor powered by a 48-V electrical system.
- This electrical system provides plenty of power to accelerate faster, carry loads, climb hills better, and perform evenly until recharge
Through the use of a separately excited controller, the Gator TE offers the following unique features:
- Dynamic braking
- The motor brakes when the operator lets off the accelerator; it is not a substitute for the brakes
- Overspeed control
- Reduces exposure to high-speed situations even when descending a hill; under normal conditions with a light load, the vehicle will not freewheel down an incline
- Roll away
- The electronic brake limits the vehicle speed to approximately 3.2 kph (2 mph) and prevents the vehicle from freewheeling down a grade when left unattended
- Reduced speed in reverse
- Controls the vehicle speed to approximately 13 kph (8 mph) without the loss of torque
- When stopped on a grade, this feature prevents the vehicle from freewheeling in the opposite direction of the original travel direction
- Energy is transformed back into the batteries when the vehicle travels faster than the set maximum speed; regeneration also occurs when dynamic braking is engaged; an estimated 3 percent to 5 percent regenerative energy is put back into the batteries during a day of work
- An onboard computer diagnoses the electrical system; using a flashing indicator light, a sequence of flashes indicates where the controller is having problems communicating
- Speed control
- The controller is set for a vehicle speed of 24.1 kph (15 mph)
- Key-off control
- Permits the function of the interlock and safety features with the key in the off position
- Directional change control
- When switching from forward to reverse, the machine will come to a complete stop and then changes directions; this prevents a whiplash effect and potential high stress on the drivetrain
Power is transferred through a transaxle with helical gearing for low gear noise.
Many of the Gator™ TE's standard features offer the operator and passenger a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Side-by-side seating provides room for the operator and one passenger
- Hip restraints serve as a handhold and help to keep the operator and passenger in their seats over rough terrain
- Professional high-back cushioned seats are position-adjustable and provide additional comfort and support
- Both seats tilt forward for dry storage and ease of service
The Gator TE's controls and improved walk-through platform provide easy entry/exit for both operator and passenger.
- Glove box is located in the dash to provide a convenient storage area for small tools and the operator's manual
- Grab bar is provided for the passenger
- Automotive-style controls for easy operation
- Center-mounted key switch
- Steering wheel is moved forward to provide more room for the operator
Deluxe cargo box (TX 4X2 shown)
Deluxe cargo box, tailgate lowered (TX 4X2 shown)
The deluxe cargo box consists of a 15 percent glass-filled polypropylene composite material that eliminates rust and dents and reduces noise.
DELUXE CARGO-BOX TAILGATE
Tailgate lowered to 150 degrees
The tailgate can be opened or removed for easier cleanout and to carry longer items. The tailgate has been improved, features truck-like performance, and can be operated with one hand.
The standard installed lanyards can also be removed to lower the tailgate to 150 degrees for convenient loading and unloading tasks.
Brake and taillight with protector
Bedmat—protects the steel floor from dents
Optional accessories for the deluxe cargo box include:
- Factory-installed brake and taillight
- Factory-installed spray-in liner (not shown)
- Improves skid resistance and surface abrasion protection
- Cargo box bed mat
- Cargo box power lift (not shown)
- Wide variety of attachments that connect to cargo box rails
DELUXE CARGO-BOX TILT
Integrated handle for manual cargo-box tilt
Gas assist (A) and prop rod (B) (TX 4X2 shown)
The deluxe cargo box is now easier to latch, unlatch, raise, and lower with the integrated handle design and gas assist (A). Optional factory- or dealer-installed cargo box power lift is also available.
A prop rod (B) is provided to hold the box in the upright position for operator convenience, as well as limit box pivot travel.
INTEGRATED TIE-DOWN POINTS
Integrated tie-down point in cargo-box bed
Additional tie-down points (TH 6X4 shown)
The deluxe cargo box offers integrated tie-down points for increased versatility. Tie-down points are located in the following areas:
- Four corners inside the cargo-box bed
- Four points on the load guard directly behind the operator station (A)
- Tie-down bars on either side of the cargo box (B)
- Six points on the underside of the cargo-box frame (circled)
CONVERTING DELUXE CARGO BOX TO A FLAT BED
Deluxe cargo box converted to a flat bed
The deluxe cargo box easily converts to a flat bed. The flatbed configuration allows loading larger cargo.
NOTE: Cargo box shown on Gator TX. Gator TE rear axle configuration is different.
||0.46 m3 (16.4 ft3)
||227 kg (500 lb)
Box dump angles (degrees)
||43 degrees +/-1
||43 degrees +/-1
Carrying extra-long cargo that extends beyond the box can adversely affect stability.
The heavy-duty design with arc-welded uni-body construction provides strength and manufacturing tolerance control.