WG Series operator controls (WG32A shown)
All of the controls on a WG Series Mower are within comfortable reach of the operator.
The location and operation of the following controls on all models offer greater convenience, improved productivity, and increased safety:
- Operator presence system – the bails must be depressed to operate the unit; the machine must be in neutral and the power take-off (PTO) must be disengaged to start.
- Separate choke and throttle – this takes the guesswork out of choke operation and there is less fouling of plugs.
- Pistol-grip controls – these controls are familiar to most operators and offer simplicity and reliability.
- Color-coded and clearly marked switches and buttons – these simplify operation.
- Bilingual decals – decals are provided in English and Spanish.
An exclusive, two-year, single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty is for all John Deere commercial mowing equipment. The warranty is best in class and places John Deere at the forefront of commercial mowing. It is hassle free, with one company handling all of the paperwork.
WG Series drive system (WG32A shown)
The WG Series Mowers are equipped with a 5-speed, gear-drive system with reverse, which does the following:
- Provides superior ground-speed adjustments to meet mowing application needs
- Allows easy, smooth shifting with a padded lever
- Can be shifted on the go
Engines have clean-out ports (SN 070001-)
WG Series Commercial Walk-Behind Mowers are powered by 14.5-hp (10.8-kW) air-cooled, vertical-shaft engines.
- Overhead valve design
- More horsepower and torque per cubic inch (cubic meter) of displacement
- Better fuel efficiency
- Less oil consumption
- Cooler operating temperature
- Full-pressure lubrication with full-flow filter
- Reduces engine wear by ensuring proper lubrication, even when operating on hillsides or uneven terrain
- Helps keep oil clean for increased engine life
- V-twin design
- Air-cooled engine design
- Vertical shaft
- Dual-stage air cleaner for extended engine life and efficient operation
- Cylinder head clean-out ports to ease maintenance
- Recoil start
- Fuel pump
- Complies with strict U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) emission standards without loss of horsepower or torque
- Consistently strong torque at low- or high-speed operation
- Aluminum block engines
- Effectively dissipate heat
- Are of lightweight and strong construction
- Extend engine life due to elimination of debilitating engine temperatures
WG Series front caster wheel
Rubber, wide-profile, flat-free front caster wheels provide a smooth cut.
WG32 Mower Deck
WG Series Mower Deck (WG48A shown)
John Deere commercial mower decks have always demonstrated quality, performance, and durability. The 7-gauge, 0.179-in. (4.6-mm), floating fabricated deck for WG Series Mowers delivers an extremely high-quality cut in diverse conditions.
- High blade-tip speed of 18,000 fpm (5,486 m/min) for more blade strikes per inch (millimeter) mowed
- Fully-floating, fabricated deck provides maximum contour following
- Wide, raised discharge chute for more even clipping distribution
- Reinforced front lower edge for strength and durability
- Easy height-of-cut changes
- Easy-attach belt shields to allow quick access for service
- Wide, reinforced lips for additional structural strength
- Greaseable spindles with easy access for simplified servicing
- Two-coat paint covering to protect and resist corrosion
- Hardened steel blades that extend cutting time and increase durability
- Large discharge to evenly disperse expelled clippings